Crystalens® Aspheric Optic (AO) Specialist Melbourne Florida
Imagine being able to see your world as well as you did when you were younger, without the help of glasses or contact lenses. Being seen the way you want people to see you.
Youthful. Energetic. Vibrant.
Being able to see the way you want to see. Near, far and all distances in between. Seamlessly. Effortlessly. Naturally. Never missing a child’s smile, the sparkle of a diamond, a cloud that looks like a face, an important plot twist in a mystery novel. Imagine a way to do it. Through your own eyes. Imagine all the possibilities. Imagine Crystalens® Aspheric Optic.
What is Crystalens® AO?
Crystalens® AO is one of the more technologically advanced IOLs that can provide a full range of vision. Meaning, you can read, see clearly in the distance, and everything in-between, with little or no dependence on bifocals, trifocals or contact lenses for most of your activities.
The Crystalens® AO is the first lens designed to mimic the movement of the eye’s natural lens. This was accomplished by creating an extremely flexible lens which allows the optic to make microscopic movements.
When the eye muscles contract, the lens moves forward to focus on near objects. To go from near to intermediate vision, the muscle must slightly relax to move the lens backwards. When the muscle is totally relaxed, the lens is all the way back to allow clear distance vision.
Unlike multifocal IOLs that divide light into multiple focal points, Crystalens® AO delivers100% of light at all distances which means patients can see near, intermediate and distant images with equal clarity. It also significantly lowers glare and halos around lights at night compared to multifocal technology.
Many of our Crystalens® AO patients hardly, if ever need their glasses after surgery.
Why we offer our patients Crystalens® AO:
- Our doctors can discuss the facts about Crystalens to help you make the best decision for your vision.
- The Crystalens® AO offers significant advantages over other kinds of lens implants and corrective lenses.
- Standard (single vision) lens implants don’t have the ability to provide a full range of vision. Most people who have single vision lens implants MUST wear glasses for middle and near vision.
- The Crystalens® AO has the unique ability to focus on objects at varying distances using the eye’s natural muscle. This means the Crystalens® AO can provide sharper vision, without corrective lenses, throughout a full range of vision from near to far and everything in between.
- Crystalens® AO FDA one-year clinical study results indicate that 92% of the people enrolled in the study (implanted bilaterally) could see 20/25 or better at distance, 96% could see 20/20 at arm’s length and 73% could see 20/25 at near without glasses or contact lenses. What is more exciting is that 98% of these people could pass their drivers test, 100% could see their computer or put on their makeup, and 98% could read a magazine, all without glasses or contact lenses. Also, your ability to see at approximately arm’s length (middle vision) will be greatly enhanced with the Crystalens® AO.
- With Crystalens® AO, the quality of vision compared to wearing bifocals and/or trifocals is significantly improved. You’ll have a full range of vision, without having to tilt your head to find that portion of your glasses that allows you to see clearly. You simply look at something and the Crystalens® AO, mimicking the natural focusing ability of your eye, will automatically focus your eye at near, arm’s length, or distance.
We will be glad to answer any questions you have about the Crystalens® AO. Or to find out more for yourself, just go to www.crystalens.com.